16 July 2009

I got yer single spies right here

The latest casualty is the refrigerator.

Yes, I've bought a new one. No, it doesn't get delivered until next week.

Yes, we lost a lot of food. No, I don't know how I'm going to cope for a week without a refrigerator. I know people did it for millennia, but they also had things like root cellars and spring houses. I don't have those, and it is the middle of July.

I am trying to focus on positive things, like how great the new fridge will be (it will be great, shiny new Maytag, freezer on the bottom so no more roasts falling out and landing on my feet, better shelf arrangement, etc etc).

On the other hand, I feel like I'm going to be in hock for the rest of my life just as a result of the last month. That's three major appliances since late June -- the water softener follies were chronicled here, and the dryer also gave out. The dryer was not a drama, though, so I don't think I mentioned it. Go to Sears, pick out new dryer, have dryer delivered next business day, life goes on.

And now this.

I don't want to hear one word from anyone about how the sales of durable goods have been dropping. I have done my part, people. Enough already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...