16 February 2010

Snoverit

AIIEEEEEEEEEE I AM FINALLY OUT OF THE HOUSE.

*bounce bounce gibber bounce*

Holy wombats, did we get a lot of snow. This was the view out my front door last Thursday afternoon (11 February):

Snowmageddon

I am still not sure that we actually had a plow down our street; because we are near one of the large public high schools we usually do get plowed out promptly, but I think the neighbour with his own personal bulldozer (he owns some sort of landscaping or construction business) did most of the snow removal.

Well, it was a fine time to excavate the freezer and snooze and knit. Behold, the first finished object of 2010:

Mashed Blueberries, back

Pattern: Whipped

Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll in Blue Violet Multi

Raveled

This was a fun little thing to knit, and something the pattern does not tell you, but is true: it is a good and nonthreatening way to practice the basic construction techniques of traditional Shetland shawls. If you've ever wondered how it is you are supposed to knit an edging on something, knitting this scarf will teach you.

The photos are sort of unfortunate but we were experiencing white-out conditions at the time. When things thaw, I may try to take better ones under natural light.

And behold, is that a bandwagon going by? Let me leap upon it:

Slippers

Pattern: French Press Knits Felted Slippers

Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Amethyst Heather

Buttons from Treasure Cast

Raveled

My second finished object of 2010, the finishing touches of which were sewn on last night. Yes, they are every bit as adorable and quick to knit and comfortable as they look, and yes, that is MORE SNOW that is falling on them. Fortunately it was just a shower and there was no significant accumulation.

Less fortunately, because it was getting dark, and my camera is not that great, I did not get any worthwhile pictures of the large flock of robins that were perching in the holly and adjacent oak while I was taking pictures of the slippers. You will have to take my word for it that they were there, fat, boisterous, and hopeful, and that I was very glad to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...