26 July 2010

"But what is planted is what comes"

'Carolina Moonlight' and the bluestar are in the ground. This was hard work, not fun, and was followed by a long time sitting under a cold shower.

Next weekend I will try to get the camellia in the ground. I am still waiting for the county to take down the oak they marked before I plant the figs. I do not trust the county's tree removal people to cut down a mature tree without making a giant mess of anything they can step on. I do not want them stepping on my fig trees.

There were a couple of very-little-cooking experiments in the kitchen. More detail when I get pictures off the camera, because the storm knocked out our power for about 6 hours yesterday.

Minnie Bruce Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...