08 September 2014

only see the sock she knits

As I mentioned last week, I need to prioritise sock-making.

And I have! I've even finished the first of a pair of socklets (the sort of thing that lines your dress shoes). I will explain why socklets are important in a future post.

It is true that sock knitting is very portable, but it became obvious to me last week (as I knit over my lunch breaks) that I really needed something to do the porting.

Thus I spent my weekend not on socks but on making this:

Simple Zippered Pouch, outside

Simple Zippered Pouch, lining

A very simple zippered pouch in which I can store my sock-making tools. Two fat quarters of quilting cotton, a bit of fusible interfacing, and a zipper; the whole of the project knocked out in the space of a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon. Finished size is approximately 12 x 7 inches. As a follow-up project I plan to make a small needle roll to hold my sock-sized double-points.

If for some reason you want to make one of your own, may I recommend the Simple Lined Zipper Pouches tutorial at The Purl Bee?

Frances Cornford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...