30 November 2006

A meme in the name of science!

Or at least empiricism.

So I read about this over at Moth Heaven and knew what I had to do.

Scott Eric Kaufman is a graduate student scheduled to present a paper on blog memes at the Modern Language Association annual conference. A big deal, in the world of language studies, and as a retired graduated student (best years of my life, thank the gods they're over) I felt immediate sympathy. I have been there, my brother, and I feel your pain.

(Well, not there as in MLA, because I was a history postgrad, but there in the 'big conference, everyone who is anyone is watching, I think I am going to die' sense).

If you, gentle readers, have felt this kind of agony and would like to help, do these things:

1. Write a post linking to Scott in which you explain the experiment. (All blogs count, be they TypePad, Blogger, MySpace, Facebook, &c.)

2. Ask your readers to do the same. Beg them. Relate sob stories about poor graduate students in desperate circumstances.

3. Ping Technorati.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...