15 December 2006

So very helpful

The great thing about some e-lists is that they have helpful people who can aid you in finding the hole in your understanding of something.

The not-so-great thing is that for every helpful person, there is someone (maybe several someones) who thinks you're an idiot for having to ask, and talks to you as though you needed remedial help in all your understanding ... while not giving you particularly clear instructions ('oh, just sludge it along ...').

And there's always at least one whiner. I got bitched out for including a link to the Project Gutenberg e-text of the book because 'the file was huge and I pay for downloads and it crashed my computer.'

... funny, I don't remember MAKING you click the link. Project Gutenberg has always loaded fine for me, even when I was using dial-up. It's basic html.

Good grief. It's almost enough to make me want to chuck it all and just make an undersized Flower Basket Shawl instead.

But someone did pitch out an idea which just may work, so I'm going to try that. If it doesn't work, then I'm chucking it for the FBS pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...