22 March 2010

And the fields are strewn with the gold of the flower of March

The new sewing machine arrived. It is a Toyota STF39 and it is glorious.


All the jokes/warnings about the pedal getting stuck have already been made, thanks.

Had the weather not also been glorious, I'd have done more sewing, but the weather? was gloooooooooooooooooorious. I spent several hours on both Saturday and Sunday outside raking, digging, lifting, toting, and hauling. I filled 4 of those enormous paper leaf bags, though that doesn't even begin to address the vast quantity of leaves in the front yard.

Yes, I compost, but I have more leaves than I can handle, and the county uses the compost it makes from my yard waste for public plantings.

And yes, I ache in muscles I'd forgotten I had. But it's a good feeling anyway.

Tenby Daffodil

Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...