11 November 2011

with spools of dark thread sewing the shadows together

I am knitting like a mad woman lately, which is good, because it's for Christmas, but, because it's for Christmas, it doesn't give me much I can write about now.

Fortunately for the blog (if not for my long-suffering readers) I have some things I knit and then never wrote about.

So, let me introduce you to Batty.

Batty

Pattern: Batty the Vampire Bat by Nake-id Knits
Yarns: Universal Yarns Classic Shades in Greys; Classic Elite Desert in Cranberry.
US 6 (4 mm) and 7 (4.5 mm) needles, 9 mm locking toy eyes
Raveled

I knit Batty last January as a wind-down from last year's Christmas rush.  I had what was supposed to be a cunning plan for new banner art for the blog, involving knitted bats.  And photography.

That ... did not work out so well.  Partly because I am an admittedly terrible photographer, and partly because a mixed lot of knitted bats, even when knit in the same yarns, don't always fit into a harmonious composition.

But Batty is about the cutest thing ever, so it's all right.

D.H. Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...