01 August 2014

shepherds so long they walked like sheep.

Are you ready for more Tour de Fleece re-cap excitement?

(Humour me, people)

Week 3

The third week started with a rest day, which the men on bicycles probably needed more than I did, but to be honest, I was actually looking forward to knitting again. So, a hat started. Also showing off a rose that's been in my garden for years but just now finally decided to bloom. I'm at a loss as to why it decided to bloom now, in July, but I'm still very proud of it.

Speaking of roses, here's that red and gold yarn from last week:

roses

It's 100% Corriedale fleece, fractal spun, in a colourway called 'Rose Bouquet.' The finished product is about 160 yards of a light fingering weight, and it is usable yarn. I'm starting to make usable yarn consistently now, which is a big step forward.

This concludes our Tour de Fleece coverage. I'll have to find something else to bore you with next week.

Naomi Shihab Nye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...