11 December 2008

Two Diversions

Any day that starts in a conference call with a frantic program contact and an auditor from the Office of the Inspector General cannot be wholly happy.

So instead I'm going to link you to two things I read this morning which did make me happy. The first is a story on the Rogier van der Weyden/Master of Flemalle exhibit current at the Städel Museum in Frankfurt. Rogier is one of my favourite painters, in part because of his incredible gift for composition.

The second is a Human Guinea Pig column from Slate on the pleasures of historic interpretation. It's a nice piece -- re-enactors and interpreters are not presented as freaks -- and the scene is Claude Moore Colonial Farm where someone I know volunteers (though she's not mentioned in the piece).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...